Tuesday, June 9, 2009

give me pizza, or give me death

Captain's Log: 6/9/09



Today we woke up super early at 10:30 am because the bear week starts on tuesday and it's always a really smart idea if you get the week off to a good start. (can you believe that the human week starts on monday. how silly is that?!?).


Anyway, we had all sorts of things to do. To be completely honest, I was feeling so stressed that I actually took an hour-sized nap. Then at 11:30 AM, Bart Bear woke me up and said that we really need to get a move on it. He suggested that first things first, we should make a things to do list. I don't know if you know Bart Bear or not, but one thing you can always count on him for is a really dumb idea.


I put out my paw and shook Bart's paw and said "Congratulations. That is the dumbest idea I ever heard." Bart thought I was making a joke and fell on his belly laughing. Kiki reminded us that Price is Right was on so we all shut up and watched a lot of chubby people get really happy and then get really bummed out. It was awesome.

After the showcase showdown it was pretty evident we needed to refuel from our busy day.

"I'm really in the mood for pizza," I said.

Everyone else agreed, but thought it would be so impossible to get pizza without the boy and girl (humans) home to pay and make the order and whatnot.

We all did a brainstorm for about 10 minutes. Freggly didn't participate in the brainstorm because he was busy chewing on the sofa. He's pretty much a mongrel.

Kiki Bear said "I hate to burst everyone's bubble, but it would practical if we just forgot about the pizza idea and figured out what to snack on inside the house."

"False!" I yelled. And then I blew the guys away with an idea for the ages. "We can go online to the boy one's laptop and order from papajohns online." I'm kind of an expert online guy so this was going to be a piece of cake.

We worked as a team (which I hate) to open the laptop and then order the pizza (which I love). The best part was that the credit card information was already logged in so we didn't even have to try and find the wallet, which is always an ordeal.

The pizza came in less than 20 minutes and we gave the delivery person a standard 150% tip. Seems like a lot to me, but if that's the going rate, who am I to argue.

Then we all pigged out and fell back asleep.

-claude bear

1 comment: